Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lovin the summer

I watch the time go by and hope, some how that 4:00 never comes and that the evil of "time to go to work" never arrives. Slumping my shoulders knowing that despite the beautiful sunshine outside, I must lock myself into a cubical and listen to the never ending calls come in. My feelings on the matter are probably not helped by the fact that i called in "sick" yesterday in order to spend a fun filled day with my friends at Lagoon, and that tomorrow is my day off, and it's just not coming fast enough :).
Summer is such a beautiful time of year! My favorite by far! I love the feeling of the warm sun soaking into my skin,warming me all the way through!! I love to hike up into the mountains near my house and disappear from the world, my exact location known by only me and one or two of my closest friends that have come with me. Looking down from my high place and remembering the words my uncle told me the first time he took me to the G. Remembering that no matter what, life is just a board game with many players, we create the hustle and bustle, and that much of what matters today, will not matter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment