Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fear of Performance

I was sitting in one of my classes the other day talking about art, and my teacher said something that really struck me. She said that in our society, so many people to not express themselves because they are afraid of what others might think of their work. This causes all sorts of problems for us as individuals. And I got to thinking, why do we care so much what other people think of our individual ways of expressing ourselves? This has been my biggest problem with blogging in general. I worry about what other people think of what I write. I want so desperately for people to like it that I stare at the screen, try and think of something great to say, close my computer and walk away feeling like a failer anyway. So this is my goal. To express myself, not thinking of you at all (not that your not important). My goal is to write what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment