Monday, September 26, 2011

With Tears in Our Eyes

"Tears came to his eyes and I tried to comfort him. Then there was something else to do-to make my will:

'Listen, Otto, if I don't get back home to my wife, and if you should see her again, tell her I talked of her daily, hourly. You remember. Secondly, I have loved her more then anyone. Thirdly, the short time we have been married to her outweighs everything, even all we have gone through here.'

Otto, where are you now? Are you alive? What has happened to you since our last hour together? Did you find your wife again? And do you remember how I made you learn my will by heart-word for word-in spite of your childlike tears?"
-Man's Search For Meaning Viktor E. Frankl (copywrite 2006 Pg 55)

Not many books I have read recently have been able get me to tear up, let alone let my tears come out freely as if I were a child. This excerpt from Man's Search for Meaning made me bawl like a little girl. Viktor is almost sure that he is being sent off to be killed when he tells his dear friend these things about his wife.

This book has many tender, touching moments in it, I believe it has forever changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment